Monday, April 13, 2015


http://www.dove.us/Social-Mission/Self-Esteem-Statistics.aspx
• Only 4% of women around the world consider themselves beautiful (up from 2% in 2004)
• Only 11% of girls globally are comfortable using the word beautiful to describe themselves
• 72% of girls feel tremendous pressure to be beautiful
• 80% of women agree that every woman has something about her that is beautiful but do not see their own beauty
• More than half (54%) of women globally agree that when it comes to how they look, they are their own worst beauty critic


   According to Dove's research, only 4% of women believe they are beautiful and 72% of women feel like they have to be what society believes is beautiful. Now, I still don't know what that exactly is. I am currently working on a survey that will give me the most true result I can possibly get.
  For the survey, I'm not sure if I want to do it using technology, or asking people myself. I'm pretty sure that doing it myself will be difficult, but it has it has its advantages. Such as:
- if I don't make it seem like a survey, people will give me better answers.
- I can record reactions.
- I can make sure that I get the entire school.

But in using technology.. it would be so much easier and accurate to get the actual percentages.
Maybe there's a way I can do both? 
  I am planning to use pictures of entire women instead of questions of specific details. This idea was given to me by my principal.
 Originally, I was going to ask people to choose specific details they find beautiful that way I could make the perfect image of what people thought beautiful was, and present on how that was wrong. When I told my principal my idea, she told me that instead of telling people they were wrong, tell them that what people think is that actually, beautiful is equal and that in reality, nobody thought that one thing was beautiful. She told me that nobody likes being told that they are wrong, but everybody loves feeling better about themselves. So, special thanks to my principal for helping me shape my project!! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love that you're looking at statistics ! That is what brings most people to a situation. I can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see how this all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas! Can't wait to see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your amazing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to see how this turns out, you have no idea! This is a very interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is sad that a lot of people don`t consider themselves beautiful because the Bible says in Psalm 139:14 That we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I mean God created us the way we are and that is sad that beautiful people think that God makes junk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've done a lot of research, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete